Friday, August 10, 2012

jenna gains a level!

If I haven't outed myself as a total video game nerd, I'll do so right here. The last few weeks studying Ruby almost non-stop, I've felt guilty about doing anything else. My stress levels were also probably higher than they should have been, if my dreams about getting speeding tickets and moving back into an old, moldy apartment were any indication. I'd take little breaks but always, in the back of mind, was this little ruby nagging at me that I wasn't done.

So today was kind of nuts, then. I slept poorly, woke up feeling a little crazed, but I got right into it and by early afternoon I'd completed my first ever web app (can you tell I'm excited about it?). And it was like how I imagine you feel when you level up. Jenna gains +1 intelligence! Jenna gains +2 vitality! Jenna learns a new ability: guilt-free resting! I'm a pretty instinctual person, so I rolled with it. I submitted my internship application (while it might seem like it, I was not doing all this purely for fun), feeling like I'd accomplished everything I set out to do. I may be wrong. But it felt right!

Then I caught up on a knitting project, watched that episode of True Blood I missed (this is serious stuff), and now it's almost two hours until my modified bedtime and I'm not even tired and kind of bored. I'll get back to the coding once my brain muscles have a chance to rest, but I'm still riding the wave of tiny victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment