Thursday, August 9, 2012

my first ever web app - in 10 minutes!

With the guidance of AppFog's Alex (who, as you should know, is the best climber at the rock gym), I created my first web app with about zero skill or frustration. It's free to sign up with 2GB of memory. Getting started stumped me because I didn't realize the secret was the "Download Source Code" button.


So clicking that downloads all these files to your desktop, including one called app.rb (since I'm doing this in Sinatra, which I don't even know how to use!), which you can seriously just paste code into. I used a super-simple array full of things I usually say. Ideally, I'd like to modify it so that users can input some text and talk back to me. This will be handy in case people ever miss my witticisms while I'm sleeping.

So, stop whatever you're doing and talk to me. And then, when you're done with that, make your own elementary apps. Or good apps, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment